Inconsistent Compasses Inconsistent

Apologies if I am being a numpty - all still new to me (but learning I hope).

On latest 3.14 pre-release on a Pixhawk clone board (Fixhawk). 

Great flight with latest firmware, lovely stable poshold with EKF enabled. No pre-arm checks for first 2 batteries and about 20 mins flying.

On 3rd battery swap, I get a pre-arm check for compasses inconsistent. Unplug batteries, leave a bit, plug back in (x2) then the error goes away. 

I have done a full compass calibration (over 1000 data points) and when it flies, there is no toilet bowl effect, flies straight and true.

Should I just ignore this? I know I can disable the compass pre-arm check and might have to if it continues to be an issue.

The internal compass has our of range values when calibrated (one is over 450) but external all within range.

Looked at logs but no errors show this as it is a pre-arm thing I think.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Any suggestions how to fix it?
  • Getting worse - took 8 connect/reconnect attempts to get rid of the inconsistent error. Flew perfectly for 2 batteries then 4 attempts on 3rd battery before it went away. 

• I'm also just now seeing the same compass inconsistent error (comes and goes) after using the iris+ for six months or so. Is there a timeline for a resolution for this issue? 

• I'm having compass problems too. Just started yesterday (6/12) I've tried reloading parameters, and everything I can think of. Mission Planner only shows one compass, and it locks up on calibration, at only 3 samples. Was locking up at 6 samples, now only 3. What the heck is going on? I have another Iris+, and it calibrates fine.

• Having a similar issue... see the latest post on my thread HERE

• Recalibrated compasses and still get this 1 in 3 battery changes. 

Any ideas what to try next?

• Hi Mike, I get this too.  I think it's an issue that needs to be fixed, so hold tight.

• Hi there guys,

Just coming back on this as it has been a year and I too have this issue. Is there any thoughts on a fix here?

• ^^ Huge thumbs up - thank you Rob. Was assuming I had been an idiot ... again :)

This reply was deleted.

Activity