invoke auto tune

Hi all I have tried to invoke auto tune but it doesn't engage.

I have set channel 8 on my xdr taranis etc and re calibrated the radio ...gains on the transmitter enable 1800 plus to be registered.

in flight i set alt hold and throw the switch and nothing happens..

Is their anything basic I have missed.

mission planner shows alt hold but nothing changes when the switch is thrown...in flight i don't see any change any ideas what i am doing wrong..

DSC05769.jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Philip:  I have finally achieved auto tune.  As James says below, you must NOT be moving the sticks when you enter auto tune.  In my case, my trims were not correct.  After I ran auto trim, I could then do auto tune.  As far as I know, there is no feedback on the HUD indicating that you are in auto tune.  All you will see is the copter twitching in roll, then in pitch.

Suggest you try doing a few auto trims before you try auto tune.

Good luck and let us know how it works for you.

• I have same problem.  Will try James's solution tomorrow and see if it works...

Stay tuned...

• Wind was up even before daybreak, so no tests yet.

James: You said " Check  RCX_TRIM parameters and compare them to exactly what the APM is seeing (I graphed the live values in MP). Either trim your Tx or adjust the parameters".  

How exactly did you do this?

I recently tried to auto trim (not auto tune) and the quad was uncontrollable.  Flies well in stabilize, but not at all in auto trim.  I think that if I can do auto trim first, then I might be able to do auto tune. 

• Hi Philip, I had trouble engaging Autotune the first time I used it to. The problem ended up being the centre position of my sticks on the transmitter. Autotune will not engage if it thinks you have even slightly moved the sticks. Check  RCX_TRIM parameters and compare them to exactly what the APM is seeing (I graphed the live values in MP). Either trim your Tx or adjust the parameters. This did the trick for me.

This reply was deleted.

Activity