IR cameras

Has anyone used an IR camera on their UAV platform? I've looked at a gimbal IR camera from Procerus which looks like it may work but I'm unsure of a ballpark price. Any experience or ideas would be helpful.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If it is for agriculture purposes (NDVI) then you are best off with a "off the shelf" digital camera to capure chlorophyl A. It only requires removal of its builtin IR block filter in front of its sensor and a couple of camera filters to differentiate between visible wavelength and near infrared.

But i recommend you follow the guides and tips from google before doing it.

• Build your own gimbal. the prices arent worth it. pop on a imu stabalised system and off you go. much cheaper.

• I was researching this last week, mainly for vegetation stress cameras. I came across this site which seems to have a wide selection of modifications to standard point and shoot cameras for IR, UV, visible light and thermal. Prices range from under 500$ to about 3000$ depending on the camera. http://www.maxmax.com
    • I am looking for a thermal imaging camera suitable for a hexacopter that we are flying over a Glacier(altitude 4000 m m.s.l) with following specifications.

Weight :<250 gm

Sensitivity:+/- 0.05 degree Celsius and Accuracy also in the same order if possible

I looked at manufacturer like #FlLIR but didint find any suitable option for me :(

• I would like to know if an IR camera on an UAV could be or has been used to help find a lost pet in a specific area

• Thanks Matt. Keep us updated.
  • They are very cost restrictive most of them start in the $10,000 dollar price range cheaper ones are available that are meant to be mounted on cars and such have one mounted on my ambulance at work and doesn't give a very good pic at all and still in the thousand's for that. I recently retrieved one off of a wrecked bmw haven't hooked it up yet to see if or how well it works..
This reply was deleted.

Activity