Hello to everybody!

I'm Mario, an aerospace engineering student who is currently working on his master thesis.

I have been assigned to a project related to the 3drobotics Iris+ drone, and the drone is here, close to me, since it's property of the University. In this phase of the project I'm basicly studying all the features and functionalities of the UAS and now, after examinating all the mechanical parts and all the sensors, I would like to approach to the firmware.

Connecting the drone to mission planner software, on the top of the window I see this writing:

Mission Planner 1.3.32 build 1.1.5736.30798 Arducopter V3.2 (c8e0f3e1)

So I suppose that "Arducopter V3.2" is the version of the firmware currently installed on the pixhawk board inside the drone. (By the way, does the code "c8e0f3e1" means something important?)

Now, my question is this: how should I do in order to examinate this version of the firmware to study and understand some parts of the computer code (and maybe in the future modify it)? Must I connect the Pixhawk board to the computer through the "Serial 4/5 port" or is it possible to just dowload it from internet?

Thank you in advance for your answers :)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

This reply was deleted.

Activity