Recently I bought a CHINA MADE Apm 2.8 Running a version (3.2.1), it comes along with a GPS Module

which is (NEO 6M GPS module).

to be honest, i'm new to configuring APM 2.8 with the latest Mission Planner Firmware, i get irritate and confuse at time getting my (F450) to get it working

** (1000KV) and ESC (20amp), Radio controlled (AT9) **

I have indeed a few issue, Mission planner doesn't allowed me to calibrate my ESC via the (ESC calibrate)

Set-up, GPS module seem not to be working but the Compass works well.

I have to do it manually, with a few guide from youtube and google, as i manage to calibrate my ESC

manually, but i still have issue regarding the Calibration made.

First: how do i get my NEO 6M GPS module to be working?

Secondly: What do i need to do for my first Set-up after getting my GPS to be working to get my Quadcopter (F450) to be hovering well without flipping as i need to do some auto-tuning to it?

if any of you solve the same encounter with the same Item Purchase (Made In China), 

please let me know how you manage to get it started.

your help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Your Sincerely,

Qayyum

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• ESC calibration may fail because the receiver does not power up in time for the APM to send it to the ESC's  The ESC's need to see a high pulse value on power up.  If your radio is calibrated you can do them one at a time and that should be ok.

The GPS should work out of the box.  On Mission Planner you should see GPS: no fix if it can see the GPS but does not have a fix.  Normally you will not get a fix inside a building.

When the firmware is loaded it sets some default PID values that should work for most copters.  So even if the GPS doesn't work you should be able to fly in Stabilize mode.

You can do a simple test by arming the copter without the propellers installed and raising the throttle to see that all motors start at the same time.  If you lift the copter up and tip it the motors should change in speed.

This reply was deleted.

Activity