Issue with RDF868+ [UPDATED: New Problem]

UPDATE----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I am having problems with the ground unit. I am able to connect the air unit to the mini apm, and the mini apm to Mission Planner. The program recgonises the radio version and its configuration.

But the ground unit, which uses mini-USB, is causing me some trouble. I try to connect it through USB to Mission Planner, as stated on Ardupilot web. The baud rate used is 115200 (I tried also 57600). Then the timeout starts counting till it reaches 0, then an error message pops up: "No heartbeat packages received" or something similar.

I don't know what's the problem, since the air unit seems to work fine.

Thanks.

EDIT: Here you have a video, what I am doing wrong. I am a little bit lost...

Link: https://youtu.be/Rh1DejhjPTM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone. This is my first post.

Currently I am doing a subject (at college) which consists on buliding a drone (at least, try to know how works each part).

Well, I have to do the telemetry of the drone and we are using RFD868+. We are using a FTDI chip in order to convert the connector of the radio (UART I think) to USB and be able to connect it to the PC. The GROUND unit works correctly, I can upload the firmware with RFDtools without problems.

Here are the pics of the connections I made...

GzgUWYT.jpgqYFAudw.jpgSabVj5I.jpgThis is the error I get:

LNFU5p6.jpg

And here we the pins of the Radio.

hMs8qAX.jpgwsNwAZw.jpg

Furthermore, recently our teacher (the owner of the equipment) received a mail from jDrones telling him that they had detected some faulty RFD868/900, specially on the air unit. I wonder if my antenna is faulty or I am doing something wrong.

Thanks!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I updated the first post.

• Are you choosing the correct port (next to the baud rate)?

• Yeah, it's detected automatically. I checked it also on the "Device manager" window, and the com port is correct.

• Are the 2 radio talking to each other?

• No, I am trying to connect each one to Mission planner, each one on a computer.

• I don't understand what you are trying to do, normally one radio will be connected to the GCS and one radio to the Flight Controller

• The air unit is connected to the miniAPM, and the miniAPM to Mission Planner. And MP recognises the air unit. But when I try to follow this tutorial

http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-connect-mission-planner-aut...

It simply doesn't catch the radio (ground unit). I want to stablish a long telemetry radiolink between two PCs (then I have to put them on a drone).

I checked the troubleshooting, but still getting the same error.

If Mission planner is unable to connect:

• Check that the correct baud rate is used for the selected method (115200 on USB or 57600 on Radio/Telemetry)
                • If using a COM port on Windows, check that the connection’s COM port exists in the Windows Device Manager’s list of serial ports.
                • If using a USB port, try a different physical USB port
                • if using a UDP or TCP connection, check that your firewall is not blocking the IP traffic.

Thanks Paul.

Connect Mission Planner to AutoPilot — Copter documentation
                • Using MP can you "see" the air radio?

• In the air unit yes.

In the ground unit I don't know since it has a cracass. But I am sure that it's powered on because I am able to upload the firmware with RFD Tools.

Do you think that the ground unit might be defective?

• is the green light on and the red flickering on the 2 radios?

and baud 57600

This reply was deleted.

Activity