Hi, I'm new to this place as well as UAVs. I love UAVs but I just have no idea how to build them. I want to start with a project but I haven't a clue how to do it! I want to build an RC helicopter that I can fly about using an onboard camera to see where I'm going. That's my main objective. I would want a large range (preferably 1 mile but that sounds a little far fetched). I've spent ages trying to find a place that could give me basics. Please direct me to any sites that would help and any information/advice on how I would go about building one of these things would a be brilliant. How would I get a large operation range and how would I be able to view basic info on the helicopter (such as altitude). I need to keep it as cheap as possible. None of the high-end stuff...

Thanks in advance.

David

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• David let me know a time and I can try and answer some of your questions.  I am a newbie as well but have read a lot on this site over the past few months.

• http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/index.php

RCGroups: Remote Control, Radio Control Planes, Drones, Cars and Boats
    RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums,…
This reply was deleted.

Activity