When using the land waypoint in the DroidPlanner 2 app why does it require me to manually turn off (disarm) the motors?  If I want to fly it from point A to point C and I lose connection with my drone along the way why it should simply land at waypoint C and disarm it's motors.

It's obviously up to me as the drone owner to ensure that the landing waypoint is safe and clear of any obstructions.

I guess I could let it land there and simply continue to run until the batteries drain and then go and fetch my drone, but it still seems like automatically disarming the motors should be a feature of the land waypoint.  

Thoughts?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The Problem I have is in mission planner I can place a landing waypoint and then add a take off and continue the mission

If I add a landing waypoint in Droid planner that's it I cant add a take off or any other waypoint type this makes no sence

I want to able to land pick up a item then contine to my next way point.

In fact its even worse if I load a mission created in Mission planner in Droid Planner and click on a landing waypoint Droid  Planner immediately crashes.

Tower has the same restriction but at least it does not crash when I click on a landing way point.

Does any body know if this is going to be addressed in the future.

Cheer's

• Are you sure it does not disarm? I have done auto landing tests and when I turn my transmitter off the drone lands and disarms by itself. If you have your radio on be sure to have throttle set to zero.

• Have not tested it yet, but the UI on the app makes it clear that one needs to exit auto mode to disarm motors...

3702527202?profile=original

This reply was deleted.

Activity