MAVProxy ignores input?

I have set up a Raspberry Pi 3 to communicate with the Pixhawk via MAVProxy. When it works, it great, but there are many times where it does not.

When I send commands sometimes, like "wp list" or "mode auto" or "mode manual" etc..nothing changes. I have to say the same command several times before it registers. 

Has anyone experienced this problem? Is there a fix?

My ultimate goal is to automate how the Pi sends command via MAVProxy, but if the commands don't register that will be a problem for me (unless someone knows how to get around that).

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It seems as if I may have spoke to soon. When turning it on today, the problem seems to be back. However, it occurs less frequently and mainly when using the "mode" command. 

When I want to change modes it will ignore multiple times before it accepts. I checked to make sure BRD_SER2_RTSCTS was still set as 0, and it was. I even checked via MAVProxy...

param show BRD_SER2*

MANUAL> BRD_SER2_RTSCTS  0.000000

I tried increasing the baud rate to see if that would help, but still the same issue.

• That seems to have helped!!! I had to reboot the Pixhawk after I wrote the parameter and MAVProxy seems to accept everything I send now. Thanks!

Fnoop said:

So use BRD_SER2_RTSCTS, on the pixhawk that should correspond to Telem2 (I think).  The 3dr radio has CTS/RTS so you want to leave it on for that, but usually from the raspberry you just connect rx/tx so turn off CTS.

• So use BRD_SER2_RTSCTS, on the pixhawk that should correspond to Telem2 (I think).  The 3dr radio has CTS/RTS so you want to leave it on for that, but usually from the raspberry you just connect rx/tx so turn off CTS.

• I have the Pi connected through Telem2, 3DR radio through Telem1, and then I have an Arduino reading data from Serial 4.

Will turning off BRD_SER1_RTSCTS make it so I cannot communicate through the telemetry radio?

I know the telemetry radio is redundant, I just have it for testing purposes right now.

Fnoop said:

Try turning off BRD_SER1_RTSCTS or BRD_SER2_RTSCTS.

• Try turning off BRD_SER1_RTSCTS or BRD_SER2_RTSCTS.

http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/parameters.html#brd-ser1-rtscts-se...

Sorry if you're getting spammed with reply emails, this braindead forum software won't save my updates..

Complete Parameter List — Copter documentation
This reply was deleted.

Activity