MediaTek MT3329 GPS ??

Hi Guys,

I ordered an IMU / Oilpan and a MediaTek MT3329 GPS from FahPah a few weeks ago from FahPah and am still waiting on them to ship.  I inquired about this and was told that they are waiting for the new firmware for the MediaTek GPS from diydrones.

Any ideas when FahPah will have the new firmware for the GPS from diydrones so I can get my parts shipped out?  They don't seem to know...

Thanks!

Bill

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I will just use the 2 modes to test a different setting so I can easily go back to a workable setting as I try out changing different parameters.
  • Some video of the flying thing :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBt34-yawdI

• Now that GPS is working, how difficult is it do implement a come home feature? Is there anything relating to it already in NG? Even if it doesn't bring it to the ground, which would require sonar, it could bring it directly overhead of the starting position. This come home switch could also be used as a safety in case it gets away.
  • Did some more testing and it's definitely not holding. I suspect because only the orange light comes on when I trigger it on the ground. I never see the red like that indicates a 3D lock. Maybe it is doing a 2D hold but the hold area must be enormous :)

Any ideas what it could be?

• I received my mediatek gps in november but waited until i received my magnetometer from fahpah which arrived yesterday! Thanks jani! I've installed it and did everything on the wiki page. I've tested it today and it seems to work but i'm not positive. I definitely observe the yaw corrections which seem to help the unstable decents to be more unstable as it attempts to right itself. I'm hoping an octo will be more stable on decents. One thing i notice on the ground is the red doesn't come on when i enable gps on the ground. Just the orange light comes on. When i enable it in the air, it appears to hold a position but it seems a big area that it stays inside. I need to read up on how it works. I do make sure im not ascending or descending before enabling it. I'm in a very open area on top of a mountain that gets great gps reception on my hand held gps unit and it gets a 3d lock easily so i dont thin its a reception issue.
  • Distributor
    I think the firmware is here for the Arducopter, not sure why they are waiting on that?
  • 3D Robotics
    The firmware is in but DIYDrones is not shipping the boards until we can fully test it and update the APM/ArduCopter libraries to use it. We don't want to ship out GPS modules that break your code. It should be about another week.
This reply was deleted.

Activity