This must be the best sell pitch ever or just their fantasy.
But still, if somebody can come up with a formula ( battery size , prop size,
motor ) to get at less 50% of that it would be great .

This are the specs for the MD4-1000 from the MicroDrones
Empty weight 2650g
Max payload weight 1200g
Take-off weight ~5500g
Size 102cm rotoraxis-rotoraxis
Flight duration up to 60 min
Operating distance up to 2000m
Battery cell LiPo 9000, 18000 or 27000 mAh   
Wind tolerance 12 m/s

md4-1000_dron_md4-1000_400x274.jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• RC tiger motor MT series, Hobbyking NX series motors for multirotors.  Been using the NX-4005 650kV and the MT3506 650kV for my builds with really good results.  High stator and pole count.  These motors are really quite.  You may also want to check out the 5010-14 360kV outrunner from rctimer.com.  Motors such as this will provide more torque to turn a larger high static thrust prop.  I am drawing literally half the amount of current with these motors than I was with motors that had fewer stators and magnets.  Good luck:)

Rctimer R/C Hobby Online Shop
    RCTimer - the world's No1 Online Hobby Store. We stock a huge selection of RC products from Planes right through to Quadcopters and all accessories.…
  • Sorry to resurrect an old thread but had a couple questions.  I'm in the process of developing a VTOL quad for extremely high endurance.

I noticed one of the posters, Maximus, had access to some really nice low KV, high torque motors.  Does anyone else know where I can go to find suitable props, motors, etc... for this task?

Many Thanks,  

• Developer
    Dan, i've found few companies so far that makes similar really low low KV motors, price range is from 100 - 400 EUR each. Just like those 15" CF props. They are really expensive but then again if your quad costs 25.000+ USD who cares if you have 400 USD motors on it. Price has to come from somewhere anyways :)

That video is a bit deceiving, guys are flying inside hall where they do not have any wind to messing up hexas, no payload, no landing gears etc. Ok only payload is battery. If they would do this somewhere outside, i'd say take out 10 minutes at least from flight times with same setup.. Ok even if its 30 mins, it is still rather good. Anyways MK is rather good, so we have nice goal to catch in ArduCopter group
  • This is the Mikrokopter (hexa) hovering/flying for 40+ minutes. That's with off-the-shelf components. Using custom-made BLs and lipos 60 minutes should not be a problem.

• y1pP3qxWFPRsxUmFx_x10mUivCPytk1cupDunZ5GmnbTqS02mwy-6MiRaZSwdtHfiGmicpL3q6SNzc

• y1pX5mpTLhnqBwzVR5-p92f7WHw26sQC8NShLd2mBpfIHo66kD3JrIdVjLbbmRbbcAAKol5mbqviSs

• Jani , do you know wath motors are these ?

y1pbVVshx_D8YkWDm-FVOcjYAUaqMENolZxKo-lkuoxNTLcYvG7PUznKMxc8Rv0VBAs

Its seams this are the motors used for the MD2 and MD4
  • Is this a real product? I would think the motors would fry pretty quickly with no air through them.
  • Developer
    Can can... and price of this device is only like 30.000+ USD ;)

Their smaller md2-400 costs around 20.000 USD. This bigger could easily carry even small fuelcell to extend flight time even more.
This reply was deleted.

Activity