Mission Planner 1.3.9 Hanging on Update

I'm sure I have had this problem a while back, but can't recall if it was a software bug or something else.

Anyhow, after updating Mission Planner to the latest update (1.3.9) it hangs if I perform a manual "CHECK FOR UPDATE" and if I load the INITIAL SETUP and INSTALL FIRMWARE, it displays the "There was an unexpected error" message.

Any ideas what the issue maybe.

MP is allowed through virus and firewall protection and displays the same error even if they are temporarily turned off.

Many thanks,

Steve

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

can you guys tell me which version it stops working in, so I can try and track back what might be causing it.

• Developer

are you sure you have .net framework v4 installed?

• I rolled back and installed version 1.3.0, no problems at all.

Downloaded latest firmware etc without issue.

Performed the manual upgrade from "CHECK FOR UPDATES" and it again upgraded without issue to version 1.3.9.  It has now stopped working again :-(

• Hi - I to have just had this problem. I needed to replace the micro USB on my board which I did and just so happened to upgrade MP at the same time. I keep getting "There was an unexpected error" and 'Bad Firmware" when trying to upload hex profile. Thinking I had not done a good job on the replacement USB I have plugged in my new HKpilot 2.7 and got the same result. I have swapped out the leads as well.

I have the latest .net framework installed.

Windows 8.1 professional

There must be a bug preventing connection as everything was working fine before the upgrade.

Reluctantly looking at using an older version just to get me back in the air.

• Sounds exactly the same error messages as what I am experiencing.

Try rolling back to version 1.3.0 from the link Michael has posted (http://firmware.diydrones.com/Tools/MissionPlanner/) and see if your issues are resolved.

You may also find that map data (google maps for example) is not downloading too.

• I have the latest v4.5.2 installed which I have removed along with MP and reinstalled both again to make sure, still same issue :-(

• Developer

please post a screenshot of the details

• 3702514632?profile=original3702514663?profile=original

• Developer

this is a firewall/proxy/internet issue.

Mp cannot access the internet

• I have my Firewall and virus scanner off, any other ideas?

Its used on a PC that does have internet access as I am using it to post this message.

It was working fine before the latest update.

Many thanks,

This reply was deleted.

Activity