Mission Planner 1.3.9 Hanging on Update

I'm sure I have had this problem a while back, but can't recall if it was a software bug or something else.

Anyhow, after updating Mission Planner to the latest update (1.3.9) it hangs if I perform a manual "CHECK FOR UPDATE" and if I load the INITIAL SETUP and INSTALL FIRMWARE, it displays the "There was an unexpected error" message.

Any ideas what the issue maybe.

MP is allowed through virus and firewall protection and displays the same error even if they are temporarily turned off.

Many thanks,

Steve

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Chris  sorry I did not pick up your request earlier. It was time for the new garage roof before the winter sets in. pleased to see you have resolved the matter.

Happy flying

Richard

• Developer

also make sure you install .net 4.0

not 4.5

• Thank you Michael.

Version 1.3.5 appears to work without any issues.  It grabs the latest firmware, in app update appears to work and the maps can be fully zoomed in based on location.  This is all with .net 4.5.

Increasing to v1.3.6 appears to work until you connect to the PixHawk.  This throws up the error - "Can not establish a connection. Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Mission Planner\fwversions.xml'.

This is the same on v1.3.7 where I have stopped.

Hope this helps.

• Developer

can you test the latest beta as well?

help > update beta.

• As below, same issue exists jumping from v1.3.5 to 1.3.9.2 beta.

I've sent you a "friend request", so more than happy for you to contact me if I can assist you establishing the problem.

Thank you for your efforts.

• Developer

ok new beta uploaded. give that a shot.

• I agree, this latest beta has fixed the issue. I had opened an issue on the mission planner Github page, #625 if you want to reference or delete this. Thanks for the fix.

• Perfect, looks like we're back in business.  It retrieves latest firmware and map data without issue.  Many thanks.

For other information, I rolled back to v1.3.5 and then performed the beta install.

• I am having the same issue as everyone is describing even with the latest 1.3.9.2 beta, would it be worth downloading the arducopter firmware updates manually from diydrones, and using the most up to date mission planner as a work around for the time being?

• Gone quiet here :( 

This reply was deleted.

Activity