Mission planner closes every time with Prefetch command

Mission planner closes every time with;

Map Tools > Prefetch and Prefetch WP commands

I am based in Zambia. Using Action Drone AD2 Ag with Slantrange 2P Multispectral sensor for NDVI images.

PixHawk Flight controller, Mission Planner build 1.3.41 on Windows 7 OS, DELL i7, 16Gb RAM PC

I have checked the program .NET Framework is latest.

Could it be because of our slow internet speed?

I tried changing the Prefetch zoom level for the Google map to 5 and 10 but the mission planner window closes all the time as soon as it starts fetching. I also Unchecked the GeoFence option but MP is still crashing.

Please see the screenshot attached below for PreFetch crash.

Thanks

Mission planner closes every time with.docx

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• On my machine it is under "program files/mission planner/gmapcache"

• Thanks for your prompt precise replies. I am Sorry Mike i can not find gmapcache folder inside Program Files(x86)>Mission Planner> ????

Mike Kelly said:

1: The maps are for your visualization, they are not used by the flight controller. You do not need to be connected to the FC to download maps.

2. I don't know

3.After you pre-fetch the maps you can plan the mission anywhere you choose.

4. Once the maps are cached they are available for any mission.

5. The folder is named gmapcache.

It is possible for Google to block your IP if you download too many maps at one time. It has happened to me.

• 1: The maps are for your visualization, they are not used by the flight controller. You do not need to be connected to the FC to download maps.

2. I don't know

3.After you pre-fetch the maps you can plan the mission anywhere you choose.

4. Once the maps are cached they are available for any mission.

5. The folder is named gmapcache.

It is possible for Google to block your IP if you download too many maps at one time. It has happened to me.

• Mike, Thanks for your kind reply. I could not manage to use OSM (timed out)

But Now, my Prefetch command is working fine with google satellite map. It was in fact my slow internet speed. MP is working properly now without crashing after I used my phone mobile hotspot which is another network and the internet speed is better.

Info required for Prefetching on Mission Planner

1. Is it customary to connect my PC with my pixhawk aircraft via Telemetry or USB for prefecthing map tiles?

2. Can I make the mission plan first and then press Alt to select the desired Map area?

3. Shall I initially cache the map area by using Prefetch command and then prepare the mission plan on the site?

4. Can I prepare multiple mission plans for 2-3 different sites by using Prefetch or is it only for one cached map area at any given time.

5. Where can I see the Prefetch folder in Mission Planner to confirm my latest cached map tiles file?

Thanks & Regards

Subi

Mike Kelly said:

Try a different map source, like OSM, to troubleshoot.

• Try a different map source, like OSM, to troubleshoot.

This reply was deleted.

Activity