Mission Planner fails to recognize APM 2.5

When we connect the USB cable to our new APM 2.5 and hit "Connect," we get "No Heartbeat Packets Received" after 30 seconds. Don't have it connected to our hexacopter.

Yellow light is on; blue and red light are blinking.

We have updated the driver for the APM 2.5 on the computer. It recognizes it on COM4 in Mission Planner 1.2.35.

We don't have any power connected to the APM 2.5 and haven't ever. Tried every configuration of rebooting, resetting, unplugging and replugging. Tried loading Mission Planner 1.2.19 based on some earlier message board discussions, but no difference.

We tried connecting through Terminal but it just gives us "Invalid input!" no matter what we type.

Is there some Mission Planner software version that should work for me? Is there some way to know that the APM 2.5 is working right?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks. The instructions I was looking at aren't clear that I needed to click on the configuration first before even connecting. We figured that out.

• 1152 for usb and it takes a few minutes for mavlink to do something update or what not,,, it in the wiki it tells ya about the whole deal...if your lights are blinking its working....

This reply was deleted.

Activity