Motor 5 and 6 will not arm.

Hey everyone. I know this had to be answered some where before. I have looked and really never found a fix.  So here goes. 

APM 2.8 

Latest firmware installed

DJI F550 Clone

Flysky 6 channel Radio

4S 400MAH

920KV Motors

SIM 2-4S ESC Red Label

Did all ESC calibration Once done motor `1-4 respond motors 5-6 do not spin

If you unplug and and plug back motors 5-6 will spin with no control, 1-4 will do nothing and will not arm. I have reinstalled firmware tired different one, not change. I have also attached a pic and it seem like the FC do not see outputs 5-6, the level also citch... down and then back up 

VID_20170324_184228[1].mp4

IMG_20170321_083505[1].jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Ok quick update...I hope this might help someone else. What I had to do was load rover on first... then load Hex firmware, all motors arm and spin... 

• Looks like with the PIX I have to also do a PPM from my receiver?  I have a FlySki i6

• 3D Robotics

Well, of course I use Pixhawk Mini!  I don't have any vehicles large enough for Pixhawk 2 (it's huge), but some other choices are here

• Hey thanks Chris Thanks for the reply...I want to say yes. I have loaded and reloaded even tried the Octacopter firmware to see if that would change anything. Im going to try a different computer and see if maybe that could me it. And yes I started looking into another FC. I just got this and it sucks that I have to pay for a new one when I could've paid like $10 more at time. You live and learn.

Thanks again. Pix 2 or pix4 would you suggest?

• 3D Robotics

You're sure you loaded the hexacopter firmware and not the quadcopter?

You probably already know that APM 2.8 is not supported anymore with the latest firmware. You should be using a 32-bit controller, such as Pixhawk or its clones. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity