Motor blipping on me, can someone help me root cause?

So the right front motor on my quad is cutting out briefly while mid flight.  This is obviously a problem :).  I looked through the logs, and it looks like the motor input is steady and the motor output is not.  I am not sure why.  I know my compass settings are off, they got randomly changed at one point and I didn't fix them for this flight.  I assumed that they would only impact autopilot navigation, but this blip occurs during stabilize mode as well.  If the compass settings could be the issue, let me know.  Otherwise, let's keep looking :). 

Another thing, before you point it out to me, I realize my quad is very back heavy.  I plan on adding a gimbal/video transmitter etc to the front, and that should even it out more...

Here is a screen shot which shows the quick jump on the RCOUT of the motors:

3691112797?profile=originalHere is another screen clipping of the same area, but you can see the 4 RCIN for the primary controls:

3691112906?profile=originalAs you can see. the inputs are pretty constant...so I don't know why the outputs have that blip.  

Let me know if you have any ideas.  The log is attached. 

Thanks,

James

35.BIN

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Does no one have any insight to this?

• Found more information - it appears I have a GPS Glitch:

3701707997?profile=original

So next question is, why does this impact my motor output?

• Spoke too soon...they happen close to one another, but the motor glitch happens first.

3702484622?profile=original

This reply was deleted.

Activity