I am looking to have 3+ (ideally quite a few more) pixhawks send their live telemetry data to ideally one laptop that records this data as it comes in. Is this possible?

At the moment I am thinking either mission planner or Qgroundcontrol and using one of the swarm type modes. But Can these 'planners' deal with receiving lots of incoming communication?

Ideally I would like to use a method of long range communication like LoRa to send the data but I am unsure of how to get many of these at 433Mhz transceivers to talk to the GCS at the same time.

Any suggestions on hardware/software or threads that may help me out?

Thanks in advance!!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Chris, thank you very much! Understood.

Would this set-up allow me to record 4 live telemetry data streams with no interference? Or would I have to select a COM in turn to get each one of the four sets of data in turn? (I am not that familiar with QGroundControl!)

Also - I imagine this set-up limits me to as many USB slots I can have?
    Is there a way of using Adaptive time division multiplexing or something else with one aerial?

Also, do you think 'meshing' with xbees could be an option? Maybe using something like this: http://www.thanksbuyer.com/xbee-pro-900hp-s3b-module-with-adapter-m...
    Or would that still need multiple receivers?

Thanks in advance!

Chris Anderson said:

3702351069?profile=originalIn QGroundControl you can have multi MAVs. Just use a USB hub and plug each one one of your radios into that. Each will get their own COM port and you can just assign each to a different MAV number. 

• 3D Robotics

In QGroundControl you can have multi MAVs. Just use a USB hub and plug each one one of your radios into that. Each will get their own COM port and you can just assign each to a different MAV number. 

3702351136?profile=original

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3702351136?profile=original
This reply was deleted.

Activity