I had several bad crashes and had to rebuild... so when I finally got all my parts (postal strike in Canada did not help) this is how it now looks
1 - Got rid of the legs... they broke (yes Jani... I did manage to break you nice legs... :) )
2 - Installed nice skids with custom dampening foam and tape! (works great, does absorb quite a lot)
3 - Made it fly X (was initially + for me but now I have more room for camera for future update
4 - Mounted the APM on silicone and Velcro in place
5 - Custom made plates to replace the legs so the arch can still be bolted to the arms.
6 - Glued in (hot glue) the nylon bolts that tend to always unscrew due to vibration. I prefer hot glue to loctite as now when I need to remove the arch the nuts stays in place on the plate and so I don't lose them.
7 - Replaced the GPS "cage" on top of the arch with "version 2"... as I did cut my own replacement parts with ponoko services I decided to use the new one as it had a place to mount the antenna.
8 - Motor mount LED in place, fully functional on the APM.
All this only added 20 grams to my original weight... not too bad! I am now at 927 grams without battery. (will be 1.2 kg with 3300 nano-tech battery)
Still to do:
- install arm LEDs...
- install extension arm to mount a sonar
- paint the other front arm red to match the one from the old + config
And the MOST important one...
FLY IT ! (with new version by Jason it should fly like a charm)
Some more angles:
Let me know what you think!