years ago, I had set on to create a drone from scratch - i was following a blog tutorial (https://blog.prusa3d.com/how-to-build-a-3d-printed-micro-drone_29310/)
I had soldered the motors to the main board tower (which consisted of the ESC + Flight controller) - connected the battery, and then i was able to spin the motor, via sending a signal to the main board, while connecting the board to my computer, via USB... I thought it was nearly ready - but then i got distracted, accidentally plugged the ESC board into the Flight controller incorrectly (they are like stackable boards), and fried one of the boards - wasn't able to get that to work for a while... then I tried to buy the same ESC + Flight controller again, but it got lost in shipping (this was in 2020, when the pandemic started) and then i was not able to purchase the same board again, since it is now discontinued ...
My question for you guys is - am i able to re-use parts that i've got (the motors, the battery, the transmitter/receiver, camera) & drone frame, and rebuild the drone, using similar parts ??
These are the parts i have -
- Transmitter - https://www.banggood.com/FlySky-FS-i6-i6-2_4G-6CH-AFHDS-RC-Radio-Transmitter-Without-Receiver-for-FPV-RC-Drone-Engineering-Vehicle-Boat-Robot-p-1148659.html
- Receiver - https://www.banggood.com/FS-RX2A-Pro-V1-2_4G-Compatible-Receiver-for-FS-I6-FS-I6X-FS-I6S-FS-TM8-FS-TM10-FS-I10-Transmitter-p-1257344.html
flight controller + ESC - https://au.banggood.com/HGLRC-20x20mm-Micro-F4-Flight-Controller-AIO-Betaflight-OSD-5V-BEC-for-XJB-F425-F428-Series-Flytower-RC-Drone-p-1203538.html
- Battery - https://www.banggood.com/Giant-Power-7_4V-300mAh-2S-35C-Battery-For-HCP100s-T-REX-150-F3P-p-987487.html
- Motors - https://www.banggood.com/Racerstar-Racing-Edition-1103-BR1103B-8000KV-10000KV-1-3S-Brushless-Motor-Black-For-50-100-RC-Drone-FPV-Racing-p-1133934.html
- Camera - https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-TX03-NTSC-Super-Mini-0-or-25mW-or-50mW-or-200mW-Switchable-AIO-5_8G-72CH-VTX-600TVL-1-or-3-Cmos-FPV-Camera-p-1104884.html
- Propellers - https://www.banggood.com/2-Pairs-Gemfan-2035-2X3_5X4-4-Blade-2-Inch-1_5mm-Mounting-Hole-CW-CCW-FPV-Racing-Propeller-for-RC-Drone-p-1139324.html
Originally I needed the - https://drone4racing.com/products/hglrc-xjb-f413-omnibus-f4-flight-controller-13a-blheli_s-2-3s-4-in-1-brushless-esc-for-rc-drone => to complete my build - but most places have it sold out, or when I buy, they send something else (last time i tried to purchase, the seller sent me a cheap ring!)
What i think I need - is a ESC / Flight controller stack, which is compatible with my transmitter/receiver & motors, camera, battery => which would fit in the drone frame that i've got (the toasted flight controller is 20x20mm) ..
I was looking at these options -
But i'm not sure if they will be compatible with my project, would anyone be able to point me in the right direction ?
I'm trying to avoid buying parts that wont be compatible, as this project has already gone over my budget :(
Things which concern me:
1) I am confused by the firmware / software controller system of the ESC/Flight controller (Betaflight ? EMU flight ? INAV ) - my understanding of these softwares - is to calibrate the flight controller, to the motors
2) voltage requirements for the ESC/Flight controller - since the battery pack i've got is a 2S - will that have an issue for the 'newer' flight controllers that are out there ?
I would really love to have this project completed, instead of it gathering dust in my garage :)