need help setting up Multiwii Pro

I know its not a Arducopter but it seems to have similar structure.

K I got this 2ndhand unit from an rc buddy for the reason im needing a GPS function but since its an used item I have no Idea on the proper coding or setup even so I not so confident of my codes. my last problem is its not fixing to any satellites

anyone have a file of  .INO   I could use on this? that I could compile.

what I believe to be a HK Multiwii Pro with GPS Ublox Neo-6m

just need a Quad-X function with  2 servo Gimbal and some GPS fuction like RTH Position hold.

Thanks,

this is my first FC that is open source so till alot of learning to do and I Dont want to Risk Flyaway and Crash into who knows where

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Is your MW Pro config.h file configured for the Ublox i.e. baud rate and data rate? I believe 38.4k or 56k baud rate at a 5hz data rate is the right configuration for this GPS. If not, you'll need to download Ucenter from the Ublox site to configure it. This tool will tell you if your Ublox is working. You'll need a FTDI USB board or Arduino to connect the GPS with your computer running Ucenter. Once the GPS is checked out and configured, you will need to modify the MW config.h file for GPS, Ublox, baud rate, and data rate. Then compile and upload it to your MW Pro. After that, you need to configure your transmitter. This is where my memory is failing me. I'll need to go over the steps I took but let me know how far you get. I'll be monitoring.

• Baud of 9600 what I believe. did a few flights week ago testing the GPS hold and RTH. it worked but still drifts around in circles from time to time . worst is when the winds pickup. alt hold can be unpredictable at times.

• I'm getting similar results with the MK3329 GPS module that comes with the HK MultiWii Pro. GPS hold works but it bobs up and down in the wind. RTH appears to work but the small fields I fly at constrains the testing. Baudrate is 56k at 10hz. I haven't tweaked anything on the board yet.

• yup the first time I test the Althold its like YoYo  haft a meter oscillation.

later I  tried adjusting the throttle curve on the GUI the  To minimize oscillation but problem is in sluggish when flying on manual mode. which they have dual expo on the multiwii too.

BTw what size  and weight is your multirotor? mine is 500mm size  1.3kg AUW 

revise_muti_roleter_480mm_h_quad_by_synersignart-d8jp03p.jpg

will check my PID settings again , my last one is a borrowed from some one else copter and loaded into mines

my last settings

ALT P (2.6) I (0.010) D (37)

POS P (0.44) I (2.5)

POSR P (3.0) I (0.20) D (0.040)

NAVR P (1.4) I (0.20) D (0.080)

THR MID 0.54

THR EXPO 0.32

RC RATE 0.90

RC EXPO 0.50

THR PID Attenuation 0.00

I still dont understand very well on this....

at least on Level and manual flying ins flying well.

• That's a nicely done frame you have there. Are the landing gears machined aluminum or sheet metal?

My MultiWii multirotor is a tricopter using a Spanish Spidex frame they no longer carry from quaternium.es.  It's AUW is 3 lb 10 oz (1.6 kg) where front side of triangle is 22.5 in. (571 mm) and back side is 24.5 in. (622 mm). 

My current settings are default. I have not touched them since I got it working:

ALT P (6.4) I (0.025) D (24)

POS P (0.11) I (0.0)

POSR P (2.0) I (0.08) D (0.045)

NAVR P (1.4) I (0.20) D (0.080)

THR MID 0.50

THR EXPO 0.0

RC RATE 0.65

RC EXPO 0.90

THR PID Attenuation 0.00

I'm planning on replacing the video Tx antenna with a DIY cloverleaf and catch up on my reading on tuning the navigation on the MultiWii. I would think the position hold and RTH capability should be better especially from what I seen on Youtube. 

• interesting 

POS P (0.11) I (0.0) the I of 0.0  may have a bit of trouble in strong winds?

im try to know what this PIDs do. and how much it affect the multirotor holding position in the wind.

what if I copy this guy's setting..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSg7DUgAlo8

Plan to rebuild my unit and seal my FC in a tupperwear because the frame design has too much air resistances. and yes all are aluminum . the landing skids are bent aluminum plates too.

• GPS Position Hold is not too bad in 5 to 10 knot wind but it's far from what a Naza equipped vehicle can do. Before you copy the PIDs from the video, you may want to read the GPS setup from EOS Bandi. I need to re-read it myself. Also, an explanation on PID controllers from wikipedia.

MultiWii
                MultiWii project related stuffs
                • just did and just require a few adjustments to match my multirotor.

the fact  I decided to use a DJI as a controlled then try to match the multiwii to it.

oh yes it getting Windy here upcomming typhoon . and yes perfect season to test our design in gale force winds lol

This reply was deleted.

Activity