New Code Release Date- Still March?

Hello, I read where the new Arducopter Mega code was going to be released Feb/March and wanted to find out if that is still going to happen since March is almost over.

If it is coming within the week, I won't continue tuning the Pirates NG code too much further.

Thanks,

Shawn

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

Looks like the Sparkfun competition will be the big coming out party for ACM. Cross fingers I can win!

Jack Dunkle is already running wapypoints well. We're just tuning that part from his advice.

Jason

• Guys can we register for any alerts so we know the new software has been released?
  • Although Geir's suggestion is very good!Videos showing updates would be a very good attraction for new members to community and for information to the members!Especially for newbies(like me:) ) is good to see how this project works and know that something good is coming.
  • Any news?
  • I just saw the new post about the APM with ATmega2560, does the new ACM code support this hardware?
  • Developer

Just FYI, 

ACM is in really good shape and quite flyable. Mission scripting is working. I plan on flying it at the Sparkfun autonomous race.

What I've found is that quads are far more dangerous than planes. Duh right? Well, I am holding it fairly tight because I'm worried that if I unleash it to early testing, it will cause someone to loose some expensive hardware. 

I've gone through over a dozen motors, 3 frames, three APM boards, 2 GPS units, 2 compass units, and 3 dozen blades testing, crashing, etc. I'd hate for any of you all to go through that!!! It's like these things have a death wish...

It's all lead to a very robust codebase, which I'm very happy with. 

The other thing that I'm concerned about is usability and integration with Mavlink. Tridge is working the mavlink side, and I'm refining the commands.

All of this additional integration and testing is what's taking the extra time. But it will be worth it I hope.

Jason

• 3D Robotics
    We're going to do some more testing and documentation this weekend, in hopes of a public release of the first beta this week. Fingers crossed.
  • give it 2-3 weeks (I read something about public release candidate this morning)
This reply was deleted.

Activity