New to DroidPlanner/Tower on Nexus 7

Hello,

I have an IRIS+ that I just love.  I want to fly in automatic mode and so I purchased a 2013 Nexus 7 tablet.  I installed both Tower and DroidPlanner 2 as well as the associated dependencies.  They both seem to run on the tablet fine.  

However, when I plug in the 3DR radio with the USB OTG cable, it is not recognized by the tablet and both DroidPlanner2 and Tower cannot connect to the IRIS+.  I am using the stock 3DR radio, which I know works because I can connect using it with my MBP to the IRIS+.  I believe that USB OTG is not enabled on my device, but cannot find out if I need to root my tablet to make it work.  It seems that many people have rooted their devices to use the radios, but others say you do not need to do so.  I can't seem to find a definitive answer from anyone.  

I have searched on diydrones and find what appears to be people doing it both ways.  I am using the cable provided by 3DR and am connecting with blue end to the tablet and black end to the radio.  Perhaps I have a bad cable, but I don't believe so as the green LED on the radio lights up when I connect to the tablet.  

I would really appreciate any help folks can offer.  

Thank you

Scott 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Problem solved.  Apparently it is a known issue with Android 4.3.  Upgrading to 4.4.2 solved the problem.  

This reply was deleted.

Activity