New to the forum

So I have ordered the IRIS and all the goodies that come with it.

I am very concerned  after reading some of the posts that this is not going to be an out of the box ready to fly UAV. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me why I should not just turn the thing around and send it back....

Loss of coms, random crashing, copper parts to improve the reception?????????????    Help me out I just spent a bunch of cash on this thing. 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The IRIS is ready to fly out of the box. That doesn't mean it's foolproof though, they can still crash. If this is your first time flying an RC aircraft you might want to try to find someone locally (RC club etc) who can teach you to fly. Personally I just learned through trial and error. This video is quite helpful for learning the basics of flying manually, obviously the IRIS has the advantage of being able to loiter etc automatically, which will help a lot.

• Nope not my first flight,, I was real disgusted with the IRIS it was in no condition to fly right out of the box. Very little info included in the box explaining the various setup requirements. and now I have been informed that it may have some bad code. I'm waiting on them to call me back and see if we can get it figured out.   

My issue was that it was advertised as the end all beat all of quads and easy to use so far that is not my experience

• I don't have an IRIS so I haven't actually seen how they come packaged, what was needed to make it flyable? From the manual it looks like all you need to do is attach the props and charge the battery. I would have thought they would include a printed copy of the manual in the box. Not sure what the "bad code" you're referring to is, ArduCopter has been considered stable for some time now, and I haven't heard of any issues with the Pixhawk hardware. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity