MR60

Thought the problem was a potentially faulty APM 2.6 so unwrapped my PixHawk.  Same problem.

In MP, it connects and downloads the firmware.  Pixhawk then gives the successful happy song.  Select connect via Mavlink:

- starts 30 second countdown

- red connect changes to green disconnect

- timer goes to 0

- continues trying or doing something for another 1 1/2  minutes while countdown stays at 0

- then get No Heatbeat error.

In Windows 8, Device Manager, Com 5 is set to 115200, 8 bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, no flow control, FIFO buffers.

In MP, Com 5 PX4 FMU v1.6 (COM5) is selected.

Tried:

- restarting the computer

- connecting via a different computer (windows 7 and an older version of MP)

- four different USB cables plugging into different USB connections (getting desperate)

- different com settings

I'm beginning to think i'm in a no heatbeat black hole.  will see if i can setup the radio (but can i do that without mp?)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• MR60

Great!  Don't you love it when things start working?  

• Oh yes! It all makes so much sense once I get it going and then I wonder why it was so hard to figure out in the first place!

• Thanks,I guess I now will be confident enough to order Pixhalk and hopefully get my hex back in the air.
                • MR60

My latest thing is trying to get Pixhawk to run non-SimonK firmware ESCs.  If you solve that one, let me know.  I'm on the hunt for efficient SimonK ESCs.

• MR60

Tried the 3DR radio.  Same No Heatbeat.  Agggggg! :-{

So with the radio going, the PixHawk-Compter USB was disconnected so the Pixhawk was battery powered via the Power Module, so I can't conclude that this is a power problem.

The GPS is only flashing red, but this is expected, I think because I can't configure the hardware (step after the firmware upload that went fine).

Heeeeelp!

This reply was deleted.

Activity