No power from ESC to Motor: Help?

Greetings all! I have ecstatically finished my First Quad build from scratch.  I have used the following parts:

RealFPV frame

PixHawk FC (with GPS)

MS 30 amp ESC (SimonK Rapid ESC)

Taranis Transmitter with X8R receiver 

SunnySky X2216 brushless motors KV1100 

After finally putting the last touches on the assembly and connecting the battery I've run into a problem.  The ESCs are not giving any power to the motors.  Ive tested the ESC's 3 output wires to the motors with a voltmeter and got no readings.  The FC however gets power, as well as the receiver.  I am able to bind my Transmitter to the Receiver and arm the quad.  The receiver and FC are registering the throttle move movements as well but still nothing from the ESC to the motors.  

I have tried to calibrate the ESCs but I do not think i was Successful.  Would the lack of calibration cause the ESC not have any power outputs to the motors? If not, what other Problems could be causing these symptoms? 

Thank you to all who read! 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Ive followed the instructions on how to calibrate the ESC and they do not chirp like they should.  This is how I've done it:

1. turn on transmitter and increase throttle to 100%

2. connect battery into quad (at this point the pixhawk FC flashes Green Red and Blue)

3. un-plug the Battery from the Quad

4. Reconnect the battery (Pixhawk FC flashes green red and blue, then emits one long tone)

5. Press the safety switch. 

From this point nothing else happens, no beeps to acknowledge the highest throttle position, and when i decrease the throttle to 0% no beeps to acknowledge the lowest throttle position.  

I am not sure which channel on the Receiver is the Throttle Channel so i Plugged the ESC lead into the corresponding number. (I.e. pin 4 on FC so Pin 4 on receiver)  

After this I arm the quad and increase throttle> no response.  The one ESC that i do connect to the Receiver does however beep once every 4 or 5 seconds. 

• Hi Gordon 

I did a bit of reading and found this:

By default, the channels on the Taranis look like this:
            CH1 – THR
            CH2 – AIL
            CH3 – ELE
            CH4 – RUD

Hope this helps 

• Hi Gordon

I suggest that you read you Receiver and ESC's manuals. 

You will not be able to get the craft in the air and flying safely if you don't know which channel on the receiver is which. 

Pin4 on the flight controller is not the same as pin 4 on the receiver. In most cases the throttle is either the first or second pinset on the receiver. But you will need to understand what each of the channels on the receiver does before plugging it in. On my quadcopter only the first two pin sets are the same on the receiver as on the FC. 

Leave the PixHawk out of the mix until you know all your ESCs are working properly. 

Kind regards

This reply was deleted.

Activity