Hi everyone. I'm new here and I need some help, if you can and want. I would appreciate any help and your time.
I'm trying to build a UAV with the capability of RC and GPS navigation, temperature, pressure and wind velocity sensing, and if possible to use it as a node in a wireless sensor network. These are the questions I need to be answered, if possible.
- Which UAV is better for this project? Rotary or plane?
- Which software to use?
- Which sensors?
- How to implement it?
- What to buy?
I have been searching over the couple of months around the Internet and haven't found a good start guide. Here I see lot of experience users that can hopefully help me with guidance.
So far I have found here these things which I think that might be useful to me:
- These are the two sensors: Absolute Pressure and Temperature Sensor - BMP085 and Airspeed Kit with MPXV7002DP.
- For the GPS: Full ArduPilot Mega kit (soldered), since it says I can add more sensors and it's "ready to fly" but not sure how.
- I don't understand much about the wireless communications but I got this antenna: 3DR RadioTelemetry Kit-915Mhz.
- Still not sure which UAV, plane or rotary, would be a better fit for this but these are the two I found more complete in the page: ArduCopter Quad v1.0 Fully Assembled and the Arduplane - Almost Ready to Fly.
- I noticed that there are software for the two UAV types: ArduPlane Mega.