Not getting velocity data from MT3329

Hi,

I've recently purchased two MT3329s from DIY Drones and have been testing them using an Arduino Uno and TinyGPS. Using the TinyGPS test code, I'm able to get good position and time data, but velocity shows up as invalid and the date shows up as 00/00/2000. This is the same for both modules I have. I was able to get velocity data before using a Venus GPS module. Does anyone know why this might be happening?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Simple, remember the GPS is a module and has a built in microcontroller. This means it also has a firmware on the module.

Thus, 3DR ships with a firmware that works with the APM. It might be the firmware doesn't use the fields in the same way your test code reads it.

Modules you got from someplace else may have an entirely different firmware.  The firmware is easily flashable so some googling may be required to find the firmware that works for your application. I think, but don't quote me, you might be able to use arduino as a pass through to flash or maybe, you might have to have a FTDI cable?

This reply was deleted.

Activity