One Hour Flight Times - Specs

Hi All

I would like to have a Quadcopter that would carry a GoPro (preferably with a brushless gimbal) and try and get close to the hour mark in flight time.

Does anyone have an airframe/spec that get even above 30 mins and would they mind entering into some Long Distance R&D with me to try and spec something up.

Tried a lot of innovations with frames, props and motors but not got past 25 mins mark myself

Thanks for any replies/specs

Cheers

Ewen

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Shaun,

What exactly is your motor/ESC setup on your hex? Flight controller? How is the Devourer performing?

I am building a Tarot X6 for a friend (long duration flight, light payload) But am finding few 5010 motors. 

Thanks

• Hi Shaun,

Just read about your D130 and stability problems. We have just assembled our first quadcopter (U8-10 motors,170kv,28" prop,6s battery) and done a first flight...it was a little twitchy at transmitter sticks in roll and pitch and it oscillates hugely to compensate.I just wanted to know what flight controller did you use (ours is apm 2.6) and if you finally get a stable and easy manoeuvrable flight (beggining with almost no windy conditions).

Many thanks! 

• Wow, so the long duration quad can flip over in wind?!  How is your long duration hex?

I've got a Tarot 650(ish) quad with 15" props that will fly about 25 minutes on a 4S 8000 Multistar, and an action cam on a gimbal.  It should be able to fly 35-45 minutes with two batteries, but I have yet to prove this out.  I haven't tried flying it in wind yet however.

• Hi Rob, that's pretty good going.  What motors/props are you using?  I've got a tarot 650 with dji e300 that are clearly underpowered and I'm struggling to work out good replacements.

• Hi Shaun,

Do you mind sharing details about your hex setup.

I have played with the 100-U8 motors in both Y6 and quad setup with Li-Ion batteries. We were not able to tune the 6Y to be stabile enough. The quad was offered much better stability after a lot of tuning.

• It's a Tarot T960 with 5010 motors and 1861 supreme Foxtech props guided by a Pixhawk.  It's a workhorse for us.  We just finished a 300 hectare mapping project of a open pit mine in some really challenging conditions.  Just getting going on the D130 X8 now, every bit of range saves me huge in post processing maps.

This reply was deleted.

Activity