Dearest RC colleagues

I have completed my first DIY drone! Perhaps too large a machine as a first build but hey... it flies well!

Flight controller is an APM 2.6 and I have an OrangeRx OpenLRS Tx (1 watt) and Rx pair. OpenLRSng firmware flashed onto both.

I have configured the Rx to output PPM on Channel 5 and the machine works perectly like this.

Now seeing as PPM output is being used I have a number of channels on the Rx free. I would like to have some other devices attached to these channels (not running via the APM) - A servo or two, a camera trigger, camera swithc, a loud beeper for downed vehicle tracking etc...

I find however that with PPM output selected I get no response from a servo plugged into any of the other pins despite assigning channels to these pins.

I have chosen the setting which limits PPM output to 8 channels - otherwise the APM does not listen to the Rx.

Essentially I would like to know how to map my channels 9, 10, 11, 12 to the open pins on the Rx...

On the Tx side I have the module in a Turnigy 9XR with stock firmware. Same problem with the ER9X firmware.

Please advise - Is there a problem with my (9XR not sending anything on these channels or is it my OpenLRSng config?

A screenshot of the correct OpenLRSng config in Chrome Configurator whould be most appreciated (assuming you have both PPM and PCM running simultaneously)

Thanks in advance.

Dylan Eave

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Dylan,

I am just looking for this too. Have you find a solution in other place since you posted this?

Regards

• Community has not been too helpful hey.... :(

Short answer --- I ran out tinkering time and work has called me away into the middle of nowhere since shortly after that post! Home soon to find a difinitive solution...

Having ploughed some forums I as almost certain that the capability is there....

Using Chrome configurator we should be able to simple map channels to ports... PPM being a special case which must be mapped to a specific port.

But I believe it should be possible to map any of the channels received to any of the free ports for use with digital servos, video-switches, relays etc.

Any more confident advice out there?

This reply was deleted.

Activity