OSDLite 2 has reached its final stage of development and as usual it’s available for free.
Although OSDLite is basically a Ground Station, it's not designed to replace bestsellers like UgCS, APMPlanner or OpenPilot, but it's designed to supersede limited embedded OSD by providing advanced features relying on computer’s hardware acceleration.
This 2nd version provides two major features:
- Multi-monitor display (for copilot, observer, or whatever specific view requirements)
- A targeting system, currently based on MAVLink devices scanning.
OSDLite 2.x also includes the following features:
- Support for HD video
- Advanced HUD instruments (IAS, RALT, Pitch ladder, Velocity vector, etc...)
- Augmented reality functionalities
- Real time video & sensors recording
- KMZ, KML, GPX export
Cause I'm working on OSDLite v3, there won’t be any more releases before end of summer 2016. This next version will include 3 major features:
- Multiple video sources recording and hot-switching
- UAV direct control with input devices (joystick, pad…)
- New augmented reality features (ILS, Race mode, Dog fighting…)