Pixhawk and FrSkyTaranis + X8R Issues

Hello all!

Just received a tons of gear for my second build. I built a Wookong before and thought I would try the Pixhawk, which arrived this week with my FrSky Taranis.

For some reason, I can't get them to play nice together. I'm a little unsure of what plugs where at this point, as it seems what looks like the right way is not working out.

I've got the X8R bound to the Taranis - no worries. Powers the motors fine when I output from channel one.

When I connect it to the Pixhawk (from the Sbus to the RC port) and connect to the AP and go through the RC setup (after plugging in the battery and the USB) I can read the inputs, but the Pitch and throttle are reading on the right stick. 

My ESCs are beeping saying there is an abnormal throttle input...

Is there a better guide than the quick start? Has anyone had success with the Taranis and the Pixhawk?

Rest of the system:

4 in 1 20A ESC

4 X Turnigy 2830 - 850 kv motors

5000 mah 3s Zippy

Custom frame

900mhz kit

3DR GPS

Pixhawk

FrSky Taranis and X8r

Any help appreciated! 

Thanks!

Clayton

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• MR60

Another question: does X8R needs to be updated out of the box with the 27 ms firmware to work with pixhawk or not ?

• Tha is because FrSky uses different channel mapping than APM/Pixhawk needs. You need to change some settings on your Taranis (I had to do it myself) check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-LSZQk1Ya8 

in the video he adjust channel mapping only for one model, I actually found a way to modify the default values so every new model I will be creating in the future will have channel one - Aeleron, channel 2 - Elevator, channel 3 - Throttle, channel 4 - Rudder. I do not remember now how I did it and I am not close to my Taranis atm so cannot check, but it was not complicated at all. 

• Thanks for the reply. I hooked it up to my Wookong as well and it looks like the A-R are on the left stick and T-E are on the right. Super annoying, but I'll take a look.  Cheers.

• I have had success with the PH and the Taranis and have been flying for a couple months with no issues. I had the same issue as you and remapped what was output from the transmitter to suit. I cant remember which channel it was but I remember switching the output channels of the sticks to the correct setup. This can all be done from the transmitter when you short click menu, then page to the channel settings.

This reply was deleted.

Activity