Pixhawk Mounting Away from CG

I have a Skywalker X8 UAV Flying Wing. If there is a space constraint at the CG, how much freedom can I exercise when mounting Pixhawk into the plane. Is there a way to mount the Pixhawk away from the CG?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• @ GC. Really sorry for the late reply. I haven't mounted my Pixhawk away from the CG. We decided to play it safe and go for an installment right at the center. So we pretty much had to shuffle everything else around and rework the placement of cameras and batteries.

• well that's good news. im building an x8 and would love to keep all of my electronics in the back section. That would allow me to keep the middle and front bays strictly for my camera , sensors and batteries. 

• I would not compromise the location of the gyro and accelerometer at all.  Best place is to mount it in the center of all three axis as calculated by CG or in the case of ballistic flight, the center of drag or use a calculator to find the average of both. The center of the PixHawk is the center of the black box.  My FireFLY6 tolerates a lateral location of 3 inches away from the Center line without problem. But this is not my design.  The craft is big so 3 inches is not very much.  I would mount it and look at the charts as I rotate the craft in the actual axis of interest.  I would check all three.

• Have you mounted your Pixhawk yet?

This reply was deleted.

Activity