Pixhawk p4 esc and motors compatibility

Hi everyone, my name is Andrea, passionate about quadcopters and electronics.
I am about to start my first project with Pixhawk px4, however I was reading on different forums of some compatibility issues of px4 with many esc.
I did not found yet a final answer on the web ,i was wondering if someone could help me out.
I would like to use the px4 with 800kw motors. Could you please suggest any ESC brand with no firmware issue with px4 and also what kind of motors you would use?
Thank you very much, 

Andrea

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Andrea,

Not sure why no one has comeback to help on your post.  Not sure I will be much help either as I am right in the middle of this incompatibility issue currently.  When I bought all of the parts for my F550 build, I never considered the issue of compatibility between the Pixhawk and the ESC/Motor packages.  So far I have found a ton of information confirming the incompatibility does exist and that the problem is not the pixhawk.  It is the firmware on the esc that becomes the issue.  

So far what I have found:

-The DJI tuned propulsion systems that come ESCs that cannot be calibrated are know problems. This is what I am currently using (E310) and why I am searching for a resolution.  What I am experiencing seems to be a very common problem.  The drone tends to want to tip or flip over on a slow increasing throttle takeoff.  One or two motors do not spin up as fast as the others resulting in a tip or flip over.

-ESCs with Blheli firmware seem to work well with the pixhawk.

I am currently researching a new ESC to purchase and replace my current DJI ESCs.  I will post more tomorrow.

This reply was deleted.

Activity