Pixhawk Tuning problems 3.2 RC7

Hi Guys,
First of all, I really want to say that 3dr is a great company, my first pixhawk was faulty after 1 week, they took care of everything even paying costs to send it over (which was a lot since i live in Europe) and even the possible import taxes on the replacement coming in. 

Ok, now for the problem:
I'm really having trouble tuning the pixhawk, i have no idea how all the parameters work and effect each other.
Right now i have the following problems:

I tested one motor full throttle with a servo tester, it pulled 11 amps, which is fine.
When I measure full throttle through the pixhawk with all 4 motors in stabilise/acro mode, it only pulls 14 amps. I know it keeps a margin for stabilizing but still, 60%? I can't pull out of the slightest drops..
Measuring the pwm signal while full throttle is around 1650 out of a total 1932, so i have way to much headroom.
There's a parameter called throttle max, which was as 1000, which I raised  to 1300. That brought the total AMPS pulled to 20 amp, wich is still only 50%. 

Also i used default PID, but while hovering it was twitchy, so i figured stabilize PID were to high. It did smooth out somewhat after dropping P values, but it still shows the occasional 'big' twitch. Almost as if there is a drop in one of the motor speeds, and it recovers straight after it. But now with the lower P values, after i gently roll/pitch it, it sometimes takes way to long to stabilize, and sometimes it overreacts and twiches over to the other side, overreacting to that aswell and because of losing height and crashing.

It feels like changing the stabilize P values, also makes it more sluggish to input respons.

When i start autotune, it just rolls way to hard and crashes instantly.

I use ultra ESC, slowstart 10, brake 0, freewheeling on, closed loop off.
All mandatory callibrations are done.

Thanks in advance, any info towards some deeper insights in to the parameters would be very helpfull.

parameter list.param

2014-09-11 17-33-45.bin

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Mhmm i've seemed to localise atleast one problem,
    My ultraESC and turnigy 2213 motors are have bad desync issues, which was the probable cause of some of the irregular hover twitches, and might be the cause of the crashes. I'll play around with the ultraesc settings and report later.

This reply was deleted.

Activity