Replies

• Seeking a partner to incorporate drones shop in Colombia
    • sorry dude but i am from india

• my esc's are not opto

• Cool, so we can reasonably rule out a power issue flowing back to an opto.

I'm wondering if it has to do with the update rate at which the Pixhawk puts out the signal?  Maybe the EMAX BLHeli ESC's dont like it?  I think that was configurable, I'll have a look.

• RC_SPEED is the parameter I was thinking of and I've tried 490, 400, 250, 50.  It had no impact so its not likely to be that, unless they have a particular value I havent tried....  Its getting late here, so I'll mostly likely have a look again tomorrow.  I'll try them hooked up to an APM I've got floating about to see if it also has the same issue.

Anyone else have any ideas of what to try?

• tommorow i will heck the pixhawk o/p on oscilloscope

• the only difference that i could find between pixhawk o/p and receiver o/p is that the peak to peak voltage of pwm given by pixhawk is 7v where as for receiver it is 5v

• Really?  I'm surprised as the website implies that it would be 3.3V which is what I see for the aux channels.

From: https://pixhawk.org/users/actuators/pwm_escs_and_servos

"Futaba, FrSky and Spektrum receivers output 3.3V or 3.0V voltage levels, as they are well above 2.4V. PX4 has adopted this common industry pattern and outputs 3.3V levels on recent boards."

I know thats from the pixhawk's site but I cant see the hardware being able to change at what voltage level it is.  I know this is true as my CHDK cable doesnt work unless I put a pull up board inbetween (from 3.3V to 5V)..

If we are indeed getting 7V on the signal line it might explain why it is ignoring it.  On another note how would it get 7V?  There is 5.xV coming in on the PM, the servo rail is at 5.xV, so where could it even get 7V from?

Do you see 7V when it is connected and powered only by USB?

Chris

• when i checked the pixhawk was taking power from its power module

• Can you try with it's power coming from an 5V BEC on the servo rail?  I can do it but cant see the peak voltage of the signal line.  Of course this will need to be done with the PM disconnected.

Still finding it hard to understand where it got 7V from as the PM should be +5V too.....  Sorry to ask but are you 100% sure you saw that?

Chris

This reply was deleted.

Activity