Hi Guys,

I have a Pixracer with APM Copter V3.3.4-rc3. I connected 2 different types of "spektrum like" satellites (DSMX : R110XL, DRX Orange RX) on the RC Input port of my pixracer using the RC IN, VDD 3.3V and GND pins.

But on Mission Planner, in the radio calibration windows, there is no detection of any signal from my satellite (My satellites are binded with my DX9 Spektrum receiver).

I also tried with a R720X receiver using the CPPM output but again nothing detected on the radio calibration windows.

It is only when I use a R920X receiver using the S-BUS output (with the same pinout) that the radio calibration displays the signal from my transmitter.

On the pinout (https://pixhawk.org/modules/pixracer), the RC IN pin from RC Input should accepts all this signals : PPM / S.BUS / Spektrum / SUMD / ST24 

So does it really work with DSMX and CPPM signal ?

I tried all my receivers (S-BUS, CPPM, DSMX) with my pixhawk and it works. 

Thanks for your help

Fabrice

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks Scott for your answer. 

Following the link you gave to me, it is written : 

• Currently satellites only work with the Spektrum DX7 and DX8 transmitters, Transmitters with more channels are (in progress).

And I'm using a DX9 transmitter. So it would make sense. However all my satellites with my DX9 work on my Pixhawk but not on the Pixracer. I guess this page has not been updated and think that this issue has been fixed.

Also on this page it is written that it is possible to use DX9,DX10 and DX18 with the Pixhawk.

Maybe the Pixracer firmware uses a old library for the receiver interface and does not allow DX9. I'm going to reduce the number of channel on my DX9 (if it is possible) and check if it solves the issue.

I'll post back the result.

Fabrice

• I was under the impression that page only pertained to the PX4 stack, but it looks like you're right and the dx9 has been supported for a while: github issue.

It could still be the number of channels, but I also haven't found success with my dx8 yet either.

• Please, could anyone tell me if DSMX or CPPM works on Pixracer ?

Thanks

• Still with this issue ! I've just tried with a spektrum satellite (DSMX) but nothing detected by the pixracer.

Please, does it work for you ?

Fabrice

• 3702192398?profile=original

I talked too fast : S-BUS seems to work but when I try to do the radio calibration in Mission Planner, I get this error message.

This reply was deleted.

Activity