Plane turns upside-down in auto mode

Hi,

I'm quite new to the ardupilot system (and model plane controlling in general) and work together with a group of 9 students at the technical university of Graz on project where we have to build up an autonomous flying plane. Everything is working so far and we use the standard Pixhawk package like external GPS+Magnetometer, AirSpeed sensor and telemetry system (433MHz) - everything from 3DR. The remote controle is an spektrum DX6i connected via standard spektrum receiver to the Pixhawk - Now we switched to the Satellite reciever but haven't tested this yet.

We did our successful first flight in manual mode and used qGroundcontrol do calibrate all the sensors and change parameters (running on Linux). So far so good but when we set our first waypoints and wanted to switch to auto-mode the plane immediately turned upside town and tried to continue flying in this way. Of course that's not what we wanted to and already crashed it once when we tried to turn it back manually.

Does anyone have an Idea what could be the reason for that. We have checked a lot of parameters and couldn't find any that might be the reason for that behaviour - Do you know why?

Thanks,

Max

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes, that's exactly the behaviour that doesn't work the right way!

But wich parameter is responsible to reverse the aileron servos - elevator and rudder already work the right direction.

• Might this be the reason?

http://plane.ardupilot.com/wiki/flying/inverted-flight/

But we installed the firmware via QGroundControl and guess this feature isn't enabled by default. And when I download all parameters, there is no one called INVERTEDFLT_CH.

This reply was deleted.

Activity