Possible? 3DR radios v1.1 with ublox lea-6h

hello, I was wondering if anyone would know how to connect the Ublox lea-6 gps straight to the 3DR v1 Radios (and a power supply) and use these as an alternate gps signal, if its possible.

I happen to have the old v1 radios and GPS extra and would like to know if I could use these without the APM board.  I have them wired up and powered through a 5v supply, but I'm not sure how to configure the radio and GPS unit to get them to send the location data to the computer.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I've checked this kind of transmission with MTK GPS and NMEA protocol, works fine.

• Marcin, how did you configure it to work? I've gotten the GPS to work when plugged in directly via ftdi cable, and i have it configured to use NMEA protocol, but i'm not sure how to give the 3dr transmitters to work without the autopilot board. did you use the 3dr radios to get your MTK to do this?

• Configure both 3DR Radios for same UART speed as GPS is set.

Connect GPS to "AIR" radio (Rx->Tx, Tx->Rx, GND, Vcc), power this pair from any external 5V source (of course if your GPS accepts 5V!).

Connect "ground" radio to PC, use it's COM port forGPS connection, that's all :)

• Thanks! I'll give that a go. I think I have the rx & tx crossed.
This reply was deleted.

Activity