Hi All, 

I have just upgraded to mission planner 1.3.6 build 1.1.5306.14681 and I can not get the compass calibration to work. I am building a new copter and this is a show stopper for me since you can't arm without compass calibration (quite sensibly! )

I just tried on my old copter which used to calibrate fine and its not possible there too ... can you help?

Please see attached screenshot for error details.

PC is running Windows 8.1

Thanks,

Andy

Untitled.jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Same problem here. Also, I cannon arm the APM any more.  "Error: Arm message rejected by MAV"

• Exception Details:

Exception Details

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

Parameter name: index

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException

at System Collections .Genenc.List'1.getItem(lnt32 index)

at Mission Planner.MagCalib.prd_DoWork(Object sender, ProgressWorkerEventArgs e. Object

passdata) in c:\Users\hog\Documents\Visual Studio 201 0\Projects\ArdupilotMega\ArdupilotMega\MagCalib.cs:line

at MissionPlanner.ControIs.ProgressReporterDialogue.RunBackgroundOperation(Object

o)in c:\Users\hog\Documents\Visual Studio 201 0\ProjectsArdupilotMega\ArdupilotMega\ExtLibs\Controls\ProgressReporterDialogue.cs:line

• Admin

@Andy,

Please describe the symptoms of not being able to calibrate the compass with MP 1.3.6.

Have you made sure COMPASS_EXTERNAL is set to 1 and COMPASS_PRIMARY is set to 0 (External)?

Regards,

TCIII ArduRover2 Developer

• Developer

Tom, COMPASS_PRIMARY only exists as a parameter in trunk, not in the earlier versions of the code

• Admin

@Craig,

You are right. I am using a beta 2 version of ArduRover2 v2.46.

Regards,

TCIII ArduRover2 Developer

This reply was deleted.

Activity