Power Connection

I'm trying to power the ArduIMU+ v2 without the USB connected. For example, when I put it on my robot, I'm not going to have USB.  I applied 7.2V to the VIN>6V pins, but none of the lights go on.
Must I apply voltage (regulated 5V?) to the 6-pin FTDI-cable connector to get the chip to power up?

I've seen the quad-rotor posts and they don't seem to have anything connected to the 6-pin connector.  How do you power this thing?

Hopefully this isn't an obvious question, but I couldn't find anything anywhere.  I'll update the manual when I figure it out!

Thanks,

Nate

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi everyone, I really want to know If I wanted to supply power to my APM v1.4 through VIN pin using a 7.2v adaptor then what shoudl be the max current (amp) of the adaptor ?

• Developer
    Hi Nate,

I don't have a direct answer for you, but nobody else is chiming in....

You should be able to power it with 7.2 v at the Vin pin. Not sure why that is not working for you. Where are you attaching the ground? I believe Vin has two adjacent pads and perhaps you have confused the two as being Vin and ground?

I am powering mine with 5 volts which I input to the serial port (on the side with 14 pads). Why there? No particular reason, but it works for me. Using 7.2 volts you should only input it through the Vin connection though as it will need to be regulated down to 5.
This reply was deleted.

Activity