Preferred Quad RC Controller?

Managed to build my Quad and do basic testing with only a 2 Channel Controller that's 25 years old. I'm looking to upgrade. Since I'm using the Ardupilot Mega board I need 6 or 7 Channels. I'm looking for suggestions in 2 price ranges.

1)  Bang for the buck!  - Whats the best budget Controller? Say in the $100 range Give or take about $25.

2) The End all be all best Controller currently on the market up too about $300.  This would be a device with plenty of room to grow and possibly be used on other UAVS other then my quad.

Just general things I'm looking for. A solid build! I don't want something that's going to feel like I could snap it with my bare hands. Also available on Amazon is a HUGE plus in my book. I'm not sure how I feel about some hobby sites. 

Finally is now a good time to buy? I'm not familiar with these devices's product cycle. CES is this coming week so just about every other consumer electronics device with be getting an upgrade in the new feature and current models will fall in price.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• OK One last thing before I buy The Futaba 7C or keep looking. Is there a physical Difference between Mode 1/2 or Airplane/Heli specific controllers?  Or more preferably is it a software or setup difference?  I don't know if its common but I'd like "One controller to Rule them all!"  I'd rather pay more now and just have 1 controller if I can.

• Question!  Is there any difference between the Radios that say Airplane Radio System vs Heli?

• 3D Robotics

The Turnigy 9X is good and cheap, but hard to find in stock. 

I fly Futaba 7C myself. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity