I'm working on a APM pre-flight checklist. Here is what I have so far. What would you add? How would you change the order?
ArduPilot Mega Drone Pre-flight Checklist
- battery voltage
- motor disconnected - power ON
- switch APM to test mode
- run planner - enter terminal mode
- switch APM to flight mode
- run ground station
- verify telemetry data
- load flight plan way points
- radio / receiver range check
- check balance
Your should always balance your RC airplane before coming to the flying field. However, it is always a good idea to check the forward/backward balance one more time before the first flight of
each day. Remember that the fuel tank must be empty when checking the
- verify all connections - connect motor
- verify GPS lock and BUTTON UP
- R/C equipment correctly located and fixed (not loose).
- R/C equipment connections OK (this can be visual if you have plugs cable tied or otherwise secured).
- All linkages correctly attached (check clevises etc).
- All flying surfaces correctly and securely attached (for models with removable wings etc).
- All control surfaces correctly attached and unobstructed (elevator / rudder / aileron / undercarriage etc).
- Propeller correctly attached and undamaged.
- Undercarriage correctly attached with free movement of wheels and retracts (where installed).
- Pitot tube clear (where installed).
- Static ports clear (where installed).
- Canopy / hatches secure.
- start engine and tune (gas engine)
It's a good idea to hold your airplane vertically with the nose upward while running your engine at full throttle to make sure it will run when in
this position while in the air.
- Manual control - elevator, rudder, aileron's, throttle
Make sure the control surfaces are moving correctly with each stick movement of the transmitter.
- switch to each UAV mode. In each, move plane to confirm that the control surfaces are moving correctly when you pitch and roll the plane.
- Clear for takeoff