Problem: 3DR Radio modules don't connect at all!

Hello everyone,,,
I'm working on an Aerial Land Surveying System specified for area calculations, using a Quadcopter with APM 2.6 flight controller.

I'm done with almost everything with the system and I'm using Raspberry Pi 3 as my Ground Station.
I only have a problem in the 3DR Radios connection, they're not ever getting connected either using APM Planner (Running on Raspberry Pi 3), or Mission planner (Running on Windows 10), I always get the "No Heartbeat Packets Received" error although I'm choosing the correct port at 57600 baud rate. Also, I can establish the connection using USB.

I can Load Settings for both modules and they are typical. I also tried connecting the Air module to my laptop using FTDI board and uploaded a new firmware to it, nothing changed!
Green leds for both modules are quite stable, but, I recently noticed that the red led for the Air module flashes so weak, while the Ground module's one flashes regularly.

I unplug the USB cable while trying to connect the Radios, I tried using different firmware for Radios, Mission planner, and for the flight controller itself. All giving the same problem, I only once got the connection successful and it lasted 40 seconds before getting dropped (Red leds flashed regularly for both modules that time). Tx and Rx are connected to APM properly though.

I'm assuming that I have a hardware problem with my Air module as the red led flashes so weak. Does anyone know what's the matter or should I purchase a new one?
Both telemetry modules are new and they never had a flight.

Attached photos for both modules

Thanks all,,

13405447_852681394838065_1026104597_o.jpg

13410390_852681404838064_586874347_o.jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Show me you radio config (screen capture).

• Could you figure something wrong with the configuration?

• NET ID has default value and you're using to much channels (max is 20-30 for stable work).

But IMHO this is not the root for your problem. If you're able - check your pair with different modem to find defective.

• Attached two photos. One showing the radio configuration, and the other showing X-CTU terminal receiving data properly for only 2 seconds.

Capture8.JPG

Capture3.JPG

This reply was deleted.

Activity