Distributor

Problem connecting Pixhawk and Futaba receiver

Hi

Two of my customers have trouble setting up the Pixhawk - I myself have a Pixhawk, but don't use a Futaba receiver, thereby I can't replicate the problem (I would like to find out if the problem is connected to the receiver they use, or something else).

Both use a Futaba R7008SB receiver.
Both managed to upload the Firmware to their Pixhawks - but they are not able to do the radio calibration (the Pixhawk doesn't "see" the receivers, the bars in the calibration are all grey).

They have nothing else connected to the Pixhawk, except receiver (connected to the right port / RC), buzzer, safety switch and USB cable.

The Pixhawk signals via the big LED "pre-arm check failed" (which makes sense ;)

They power the Pixhawk via USB and at the same time with a LiPo (via the Power Module).

The receiver is "found" by the remote, the LEDs are on, the setting of receiver and remote (regarding the use of the SBUS) seems to be right. They use the right port of the receiver to connect to the Pixhawk.

I am happy about any suggestions ...

Thanks a lot in advance

Felix

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I can't reply to your other post for some reason.

So now we know the new patch makes SBus work on channel 8.  I didn't test the SBus 2 connector.  Will do that tomorrow morning quick

I am trying to move a servo (I want to fly gas), not a motor through an ESC.  I connected the servo to different ports on the Pixhawk, but it doesn't move when I do the calibration.  Is it supposed to?

• Congratulations;-)

Please keep in mind that AC3.2 DEV is not officially open to public.

There might have some bug inside.

• Great.  I was able to get the sticks recognised.  Not sure how to get all the buttons recognised, but that isn't important at this point

I believe I have done everything.  I still have 2 quick flashing yellows.  Can't find the documentation for LEDs now.  I keep on finding APM documentation

• Why do not you use Mission Planner Radio Calibration feature ?

Please visit here. http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/initial-setup/configuring-hardware/

• I installed the ArduCopter-v2.px4 (http://firmware.diydrones.com/Copter/latest/PX4-quad/) that I downloaded just now.  How do I setup the receiver without using the Wizard?  I can't seem to find a screen for that

Hi, for what it's worth I'm having exactly the same issues. I have the same setup as you and none of the slots/modes gets any result. It works fine in qcontrol so it looks like I will have to use that instead, bit of a shame as I would prefer mission planner. Best of luck. Thanks to all involved in setting this up, I know I must be doing something wrong :-(
          • I will try QControl (http://www.qgroundcontrol.org/) tonight.  Thank you for the idea

Would be nice if I could somehow print out the messages coming from the receiver.  Should help the developers find the problem

I also ordered the PPM Encoder this morning to use as another test.

•   Hi all,despite having the same problem with SBUS for Futaba sbus rx,finally i manage to sort it out..The big problem which i need a very straigth answer is that upon loading the firmware i choose to load a PLANE 2.78b,(not quad or hexa)it keeps on loading Quad Copter..!!!The question:Is this PIXHAWK is meant for Quad and hexa copters only?  :(

• Developer

I have integrated SBUS2 support (for "R7008SB" Futaba rx, thanks Titan) inside "sbus.c" file on the master today, this could be replace the original by Titan (first test it at the ground).
    This include the latest sbus fix from Lorenz (the min/max limits here is in line with ppm-sum receivers, in the other one is too low/high).
    Here the file, try it if you want.

sbus.c

This reply was deleted.

Activity