Problem connecting via 3DR radio - no heartbeat

Hi all,

I have a very frustrating problem with connection to APM2.6.

I can connect to the APM using the USB lead on both my PC and laptop. (I do most configuration on PC and use laptop in the field). I can then also connect to the APM using mission planner on my PC and it is very quick and easy. When I come to connect to the APM using my laptop the connection times out and no heartbeats are received.

I am 99% sure it is a problem with my laptop as when I try to select the COM port it is very slow to repsond and the connecting to MAVLink dialog box takes a while to appear. I have looked at all of the basic settings on the PC and Laptop and they are the same.

Does anyone have any idea why my laptop is behaving like this? I have my fingers crossed for a "Just allow this" solution!

Many thanks in advance

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Try to disable bluetooth on the laptop.

• I disabled all my bluetooth com ports and the direct USB connection works perfectly now. I will try the 3DR radio telemetry later today. Thanks for the tip! I would never have thought of that!

• If telemetry link works OK on one PC and doesn't on another - then IMHO it's not related to telemetry.

• Thanks for your reply.

As I mentioned, I am 99% sure it is the laptop that is the problem. I was hoping there was a setting on the laptop that I haven't thought to check. A hitch with windows firewall or something like that. I know the telemetry is not the problem, I posted here as it was the telemetry that is not working albeit it is not the problem.

This reply was deleted.

Activity

Neville Rodrigues liked Neville Rodrigues's profile
Jun 30
Santiago Perez liked Santiago Perez's profile
Jun 21
More…