Problem running autotest.py

Hello,

I am having problems running autotest.py in Ubuntu.  I made two small modifications to get to my current state:

• In runsim.py, I changed the JSBSim expect to wait for "Test successful" instead of "trim computation time"
  • In fgout.xml, I changed "udp" to "UDP"

But when I run it, there still seems to be other problems.  fly_arduplane test never seems to finish.  Please see attached for the console output.  Is this script still being maintained? I see a couple things that don't seem right:

• The aircraft never gets any closer to waypoint1.
  • Never gets off the ground.  (agl < 0)
  • roll is 90 degrees
  • pitch is negative (should be positive for takeoff)
  • FPS is 8000 and cpu load is 100% (I would have expected this to be 1000)

Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ritchie

autotest_py.log

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Seems your simulated flight crashed (line 5945 of the log) after some erratic flying. I'm seeing very similar behaviour running autotest using cygwin with all the default settings. 

When I run fly_ArduPlane the "takeoff" phase is very unstable but usually successful. The next phase "fly_left_circuit" is done with 90+ degree rolls and knife edge descents with compensating climbs. The plane will rarely complete this test without crashing, in which case it will usually crash in the next phase, "axial_left_roll". This is all made very clear by watching the flight in Flightgear.

Although I haven't yet used ardupilot in a real system, I don't believe this instability is the intended/accepted behaviour. The PID gains being used are read from autotest/ArduPlane.parm. Is it possible these parameters are incorrect and need retuning? Any other ideas what could be wrong. Logs attached.

Thanks for any help.

fly.log

flight.tlog.raw

mav.parm

• Hello Adriel,

I now have the very same problem with autotest.py and the circling after reaching he altitude.

See uploaded log.

My set-up is:

Win 7 Home Premium 64 bits

Java 7 Update 51

Framework 4 Ext.

Cygwin 1.7.28-2

Cygwin python  2.7.3-1

It seems that it is turning the wrong way after:

" Waiting for heading 270 with accuracy 10 "

Did you find a solution now?

RGDS

Staffan

skjAUTOTEST.txt

• It looks like these may be symptoms that the aircraft crashed during an earlier part of the test before it hits fly_mission.  Has anyone else tried running autotest.py recently? Are the parameters in ArduPlane.parm still valid?

Thanks,

Ritchie

This reply was deleted.

Activity