Hi there, as stated in the topic. I'm facing some problems in my project while trying to connect two RFD 900 modem with each other in Linux system. My objective is to test the RF quality of RFD 900 before including it onboard of my UAV and the GCS (Ground Control Station). To deal with it, i first try to use the 3DR/RFD900 compatible configuration tool : http://vps.oborne.me/3drradioconfig.zip. It works pretty well.  I was able to configure the two modems and connect them via serial link (transparent mode), and i've also been able to see what happens with the Radio quality  with the  RSSI (Received Signal Strength Indicator) options . Basically, i just connect the two RFD 900 in two different USB port (COM3 and COM4) with my PC (boot on windows 7), and i've done couple of settings on the configuration tool so that they can see each other and able to send and receive data. These were achieved perfectly.

What i intend to do now is not to use the 3DR/RFD 900 compatible tool but use another method including mavlink to format the message and to send it to the other modem.The objective is the same meaning connect them and to measure the radio quality.

I'm thinking about connecting them on two different laptop using ubuntu (or linux in general) and use the wireless network. This is my simple architecture but i cannot figure out how can i able to send and receive data.

My question is that: is there a way how can i interconnect two RFD900 while using linux system (meaning not using the RFD tool for windows).

I've struggling with since several days now. Anyhelp would be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Just to say hello and to say that this above question is solved. I've just have to understand how mavlink works and customize it with my sabrelite board. Have a good one

This reply was deleted.

Activity