Problem with UBLOX LEA-6H

Hello,

Today when i finaly assembled my hexacopter i noticed that gps is not geting any satelite fix. About 1 month earlier it was working fine ( ordered hexa parts with multiple shippments. ) I'l point out that gps is working fine when connected via usb directly to pc (not through APM board). With direct connection, green led(power) is lit constantly and blue (fix) is blinking indicating it has satelite fix. When connected via APM power led is blinking (should be constantly lit). What might cause this?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Admin

@Egert,

Do you have a clone uBlox GPS as the power led on my 3DR uBlox GPS is red, not green?

If you have a clone GPS, then maybe there is wiring issue between the APM and the GPS module?

Also, is your APM a genuine 3DR product or a clone?

Regards,

TCIII ArduRover2 Developer

• Board: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=...
      GPS: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=...

Wiring is good, because that same setup has been working previously with gps connected to apm and apm geting power via usb from pc and showing fix and location in mission planner.

Only changes have been 1 or 2 updates to mission planner, and i dont recall even updating to apm after the first time when it was still working.

• Edit: Seems that i got it working by suppling external power to gps and removing power wires from apm, leaving only tx and rx. Power drops below 1v when using apm supply for some reason.

• Unplug everything and power the bare board via USB. Then read the voltage difference across the two outermost pins of the i2c connector. It will be near the reset button and have four pins. It is labeled i2c but you have to look closely. You should get a value very close to 3.3v.
          • Shows 3.30v - 3.32v.

Well i already ordered new APM 2.6 + 3DR uBlox GPS with Compass. Hope it works better with them :)

This reply was deleted.

Activity