Problems configuring spektrum dx8

Got my Spektrum Dx8 bound to the receiver and the channels seems to be hooked up appropriately, but I cant configure it on the mission planner software.  The green bars dont move at all.  The APM is powered and connected via the usb.  I tried a different transmitter/receiver (E sky) and the green bars would move, but its a helicopter setup that I cant change so it doesnt behave properly.  Im new to Quadcopters and all things RC so maybe Im missing something obvious, but any help would be much appreciated.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have seen this satellite issue with several receivers. The first time I saw it, I assumed that the receiver was bad, but saw the same issue with multiple receivers. Here is what I observed and my assumptions.

1. I connected an AR7000 to battery and servo, it would bind, but not move the servo.

2. I connected the receiver to the satellite, battery and servo. It worked fine.

3. I disconnected the satellite (while receiver still powered) and it worked fine.

I had the same results with an AR8000 so I assumed it was normal to operate this way. 

My assumption is that the receiver must have a satellite to operate initially, but if the satellite fails it will continue to operate. This insures that both the receiver and satellite are operational before you take off.

It provides a safety feature.

• I'm running into the same problem. Spektrum DX8 with AR9020 receiver. Got no response on radio setup. Unplugged the APM and directly plugged in a couple of micro servos to test the receiver output - nothing. Figured I received a faulty receiver so ran out and bought a replacement figuring I'd deal with the RMA later. Decided to servo test it first - nothing. Binding went fine on both units and the orange light stays solid. Removed bind plug, powered receiver and transmitter off and back on but no servo response at all. Tried binding my DX6i and binds no problem but no servo response either. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Am I missing a step with these? I have a futaba T10CaG and works flawlessly with my other models and the test servos. Thanks in advance for your help!!
    • Hello Jake K, I suspect you would've overcome your initial issues & you've moved on to having a great experience in RC. I'm a newbie into this wonderful hobby & I bought a UAV. My story is a bit long so let me cut to the chase, I need to connect my AR9020 receiver to the APM can you kindly send me a picture of your connection? I would really be very glad 'cos I don't want to damage any of the devices. Thank you

This reply was deleted.

Activity